welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

the show must go on

huh. kinda makes me wish i was listening to some queen right now instead of watching whatever crazy movie bub has on. oh well.

i woke up yesterday morning feeling worse than i have felt in a long long time. (i blame my boss who came to work sick this week.) i dont get sick often. i have the occasional sore throat and cough, but not sick. i actually havent been to a doctor in 5 years. none. the insurance company loves me. so now i feel horrible. tried to make an appointment at my father in law's office, but they were booked and suggested i visit urgent care. well i wasnt in need of urgent care, so my no-doc-cycle continues. not to worry, bub has made up for my absence of visits with his plethora of friendly family doctor buds.

it wasnt such a good day to be sick, bub had an appointment to have a scope of his esophagus done, which requires gobs of patience on my part. they gave him demerol. demerol makes bub combative (at best). he tries to remove ID bracelets, oxygen and anything else that might be bothering him, like that pesky little IV. i have an awfully hard time dealing with him in these situations, especially when im sick. and i am sick. he got home and slept for 6 hours, but when he woke, he woke with flu-like symptoms.

when we got home, my baby boy was very upset that i wasnt feeling well, he didnt know what we would do if mom was sick. everything would surely fall to ruin. luckily, he was there to save the day. my darling boy brought blankets, water, socks and made himself some cereal so i wouldnt have to move. he saved the day.

sis was to go to the theater with her grandparents last night. the evening was cut short when she got sick at dinner. that means EVERYONE except little-bit was sick. not to worry. baby brother took care of her as well. when she asked him for some water, he said "it would be my pleasure." thats when my heart melted.

this morning, however, he woke up sick, too. my mom saved the day by bringing groceries, lunch AND supper. what would i ever do without her?!

its good to know that the world keeps turning even when i dont want to get out of my pajamas... or my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment