welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Monday, August 9, 2010

shes got a way about her

She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her
She's got a way of pleasin'
I don't know why it is
But there doesn't have to be a reason anywhere

She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know what it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me
She's got a way of talkin'
I don't know why it is
But it lifts me up when we are walkin' anywhere

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around
She's got a way of showin'
How I make her feel
And I find the strength to keep on goin'
She's got a light around her
And ev'rywhere she goes a million
Dreams of love surround her ev'rewhere

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me, I get turned around oh oh oh

She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know why it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me
She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her any way

thank you, billy joel.

i know, its about a girlie. some girl he loved. i dont know.
but for me, if i left a line out here and there i could sing it about my baby rabbit.
her smile does heal me. she does inspire me without a sound.
shes my amazing rabbit. my baby girl. my eldest. my inspiration.
and she has a loose tooth. she just started cutting teeth last week (according to bub's mom).
next week she will be in kindergarten. the week after that she will be getting married.
she is the funniest person i know. she is sensitive to the point of fragile, but her heart is golden. she loves to take care of her baby brother. she loves to snuggle. she loves to help (she has been asking to meet a person who is handicapped so she can help them get their mail). shes been writing songs about wanting to be a rock star. she cant get enough time in front of the camera, or behind it, for that matter.
she is one amazing little girl and i adore her.
i think i wont let her go to kindergarten. i think i wont let that tooth come out.

1 comment:

  1. OK...I am happy that I am not the ONLY person who LOVES this song. It is on my iphone and on days when I am down and need some encouragement I listen to this song!

    ReplyDelete