welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

girls just wanna have fun

been thinking about my girlfriends lately. if you have spent much time with me at all, you have heard me say at least once (or a hundred times) "i dont like people." its true, i dont . there are a few exceptions, though.
as i was watching sissy walk in to her school, i started thinking about the girls i have known since i was her age. it was an interesting perspective. there are not many ladies i have known since i was 5 (or 6 or 10) that i still keep up with. at least i could (usually) tell you what town they live in, at best i can tell you their husband's name and how many kids they have. such a strange thing to look around and see that all i have in common with most of those girls anymore is that we grew up together. so many of those friendships made me who i am, got me through the angst of my teenage years, offered the stability that only life-long friendships can offer. in the past several years (you can call them adult years, i choose not to) there have been more girls who have worked their way into my affections. (lets face it, they didnt have to work. if it had taken work i would have decided early on that i didnt like them. i am just that cranky. --my uncle even dared to call me judgmental.) with our busy, crazy lives, my contact with them has been reduced to the every-so-often text message or email. even though i dont see them... ever.... i know they would take on the world for me, and i would do the same for them.
these are the girls i talked with about baby dolls, b b guns, boys, ball games, brown hair, blonde hair, big hair, bobbed hair, bible, boys, broken hearts, breaking hearts, baptism, books, brothers, bin-laden, bombing, boys, bus rides, budgets, bosses, bereavement, beverages, baking, breast cancer, bikinis, babies, breast feeding, bellies, butts, boobs, bad days, better days, and ok, there are only so many things that begin with 'b', but you get the idea.
i love my girls. with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment