welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Monday, September 12, 2011

i cant know what i dont know

when my daughter got home from school last week, she asked me what 9/11 was.

i never planned on explaining terrorism or why so many people died or how our lives were changed forever. 
we decided that we would let the kids watch some of the news reports remembering the attacks on America and do our best to answer any questions they had.  there were things we didnt have answers for.  there were emotions i did not expect to experience as i re-lived that day.
we tried to emphasize the heroic acts of the passengers on the planes, the first responders and the civilians in the buildings.  we tried to emphasize the merciful acts of God in the midst of tragedy.  im sure that the whole thing was overwhelming for my kids' minds to take in. it is too much for me. 
i am grateful for our military, for our leaders, for our fire fighters, for our police officers, for our EMSA workers. im thankful for our flag - for what it means when it is raised in victory and waved in defiance.
 <<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

  Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where yshall I flee from your presence?
8 zIf I ascend to heaven, you are there!
aIf I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall blead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, c“Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 deven the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment