welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Monday, July 26, 2010

i forgot my lotion

I forgot my lotion. This is not a good thing for me. Well, off we went without it, 8 hours from home.

The plan was this: drive to my husband’s sister’s house and stay with her over night, then go visit his Grandmomma and off to Sea World. Something you should know about me is this: I don’t travel well. I don’t mind being other places, but if I’m required to drive, float, fly or otherwise travel, I most likely will not go. A friend of mine told me one day, “you’re all about the destination, not about the journey.” He’s right. I’m like that with pretty much everything in life. Anyway - lotion. I forgot it.

So we were south-bound on I-35, and barely – I mean b.a.r.e.l.y. moving down the road. This 8 hour drive was getting longer as we sat and watched- and we were starting to realize that it might not be very nice to show up to sleep at his sister’s house after mid-night. The decision was made to stop somewhere along the way. Surely there will be a Motel 6 or some-such place. Or not. We drove through Austin. We found no place to lay our heads. We moved on to San Marcos. There, in San Marcos, we found a small motel with one room left… just for us. Before you say, “Aahhh! How nice for you all,” I want to relay a few necessary details. It was disgusting. The room had a completely un-identifiable odor, Bub and I both had dreams of meth that night, if that helps any. There was hair piled in the drain of the shower. I’m not kidding, and it wasn’t mine. Ok. I’m a mom. I can handle some hair in the drain, right. Well I took it out super fast and flushed it right away, fighting my gag-reflex the entire time, and Bub never knew, because if he had known his gag-reflex would have been so strong that he would not have won that battle. So, the room--the springs from the mattress poked me in the back all night long, and I’m assuming that the people in the room above us were hosting some kind of dance competition (while cooking meth, remember). I’m really not one to complain, but when our room price was jacked up to $120 for the night (I looked it up online, and the regular rooms were $65—supply and demand… I know) I expected more than this swanky little joint provided. And I was lotion-less, remember? I used the lotion provided by our delightful motel (who also provided room service, which I did not order. Dear. Lord.) I used that lotion, and I smelled like I was an 80 year-old woman who lived with cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment