welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Fredericksburg


Due to the fact that I don’t travel well, I can not claim to have seen much outside of my home town. Even at home I have always been drawn to the antiquated, the weathered, the proven. That being said, I will just let you know that I found paradise this weekend.

I didn’t want to go, (refer to the fore-mentioned aversion to travel) but I figured we were already 500 miles from home, so why not. Off in to the Texas hill country we went-- and if our jobs back home had not demanded we leave, I dare say, we might have stayed and never looked back.

You may remember our series of unfortunate events as we looked for a hotel room before. Keep that in mind. When we got to historic Fredericksburg, Texas, the sun was slipping a little lower in the west, but it was a perfect time for sight-seeing and lovely night to shoot some pictures. My very accommodating Bub and babes drove me around town to get my photo-fix with the old old churches that stood so dignified, not at all modern - refreshing in my constantly changing world - and I couldn’t get enough, but since the clock was reading 8:49, I turned off my camera and we headed for the row of hotels we had seen as we drove in to town. The continued (and I know, surprising) theme was “No Vacancy.” I have no idea what in the world was going on in Texas this weekend, but I think it was a big deal. Clearly. Bub looked up “hotels in Fredericksburg,” and the first one he called had a room available. It was a little ways outside of town at the county airport, a quaint little hotel that truthfully took my breath away. Its called the Hanger Hotel. Go there. I will add pictures to further entice you.

I am happy to tell you that there was no hair in the drain. The mattress was luxurious. The sheets were like butta. (not in the greasy way. In the soft and smooth way) We chose a room on the top floor and were careful not to lead folks to believe that we were holding a dance competition. The whole place was 1940s themed and perfectly delightful. Bub says we are going back for our anniversary. Without kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment