welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Monday, August 2, 2010

handle with care

i cook. i love to cook, im a good cook. (obviously, because, in my youth, i swore not to do ANYTHING that i wasnt good at. ~i do very few things)"cooking" is always listed in the "about me" section of any interview or survey i have completed.
now that you know that cooking is my life, you should know that it doesnt always look as if i am at home in the kitchen. take saturday night, for example. i was preparing a new (but ridiculously easy) recipe that should have taken about 23 minutes--give or take. it took a good hour, maybe longer if i have to be completely honest. in the process of preparing this feast, i cut my finger with a very large knife (as if i have never sliced an english muffin before). i filled my kitchen -no, my house- with smoke (and had growing sympathy for my brother-in-law at that moment) the smoke was a result of the blackend bacon on the stove - i do completely blame the stove's inability to cook evenly. it wasnt at all my fault. and i burned my hand. because im super mom and i dont have to use a pot-holder to take a pan out of the 500-degree oven. the meal was a success, and my wounds were taken care of with one single spiderman band-aid. i live to cook another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment