welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

no. matter. what.

i dont have much to say, really, but its been a while so i plopped down here with my computer to share... well... not much.
my niece turned two this weekend. that was weird. for the first year of her life she lived right across the street, and i literally saw her every day. not so much anymore, she lives a zillion miles away (or 3) and i hardly ever see her. so that makes me sad.
we got a new roof this weekend. thats good. i like new roofs. theyre nice. the process, not so nice. lots of loud banging, but it only lasted a day, so its fine. just fine.
i took a shower. well, more than one. no, really, thats good, impressive, actually. last week i got off of work on wednesday evening, and i didnt have to go back until monday. in that time i took one shower. only because i mowed the lawn and i had dirt in my nose. i didnt really plan to not shower, it just happened. i got busy. these things have to fall in line with the other activities in my life, and it just didnt work out. then tuesday morning was crazy and i didnt shower that day either. i was starting to remember my days as a stay at home mom, with two kids whos ages could be quoted in months. as in "14" and "2" - that sort of thing. showers were hard to come by those days. it was inevitable, as soon as i would start the water, one or both of the babies would start screaming for me. there were days i would call my brother (remember, he lived across the street) and just ask him if he could come over long enough for me to shower. he would, and then he would leave, and i would smell better... until i got puked on, but that doesnt really happen any more.
back to present day - so on tuesday, when i didnt shower, i informed my mom that showers were not the necessity that once i thought they were. she was skeptical about this, but i had tried not showering and found it to be true.
i am sad to inform you that i was wrong. friday, around noon, my baby girl crawled up in my lap after she finished her school day, and snuggled close. after a minute or so, she very sweetly said, "momma, even when you dont take a shower, and you dont smell very good, i dont mind i still love you.
i decided then and there that i should stop trying to make my soap and shampoo go further by not using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment