welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

communication breakdown

with both of my babies now in public schools, i have cause for concern. as i sifted through the pile of papers sent home by little bit's teacher, i realized that there is much more to this "other people in charge of my kids" thing than i had been aware of. my 4 and 5 year old children are now the conduit for information transmitted between myself and their teachers. does this seem like a good idea? well, for my baby girl it should be fine. she remembers everything. she teaches the entire lesson from her school day to her brother when they get home. she recounts, word for word, the rules and stories and instructions given by her dear teacher. no problem at all. ( i think...)

that little boy of mine, however, may be a different story. i ask him how school was, he says "fine." nothing more. wait, he did say he made two new friends, but he doesnt remember their names. also, he has a bit of a language all his own. i may need to forward this list to his teacher, but i think she will figure it out. here are a few snippets of conversations between my son and me.
i say:"son, dont go outside without shoes on" he says "i am't."

i say: "are your new friends boys or girls?" he says "grils" **this becomes problematic when bub tells me that he wants a new grill. i get nervous.**

i say: "how much do you love me?" he says "the whole wide rild."

i say "you look like you dont feel good, are you sick?" he says "yeh, do i need to go to the hopsital?"

i say "man, youre getting big. how big do you think you are?" he says "68"

i say "what did you do today in class?" he says "lots of tings"

so i suppose they all make sense, except for the 68. i dont understand that one.
sissy told him he needs to go to speech class. i was furious when she said that. i dont ever want him to talk like a big boy. not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment