welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

you light up my life


this small child not only looks good as a disco dancer, he also makes me laugh every day. every. day.
he is one of the most loving children i have ever seen, and i get the privilege of being the recipient of so much of that love! this does come at a cost, however. often, my kids compete with one another, convinced that one of these days they will find out which one of them i love the most. my baby boy asked me the other day, "momma, am i your honey sweetness?" naturally, i said yes, though i had never heard the title before. he quickly informed his sister that i MUST love him the most, because he was my honey sweetness. "no." she retorted, "i am her loverton. she loves me the most."
you should know that this conversation was taking place in my bed, where the two of them had wormed their way right up against me. i let them know that i loved them equally, and that they needed to back off. "guys, when your dad sleeps in this bed, i dont even let HIM squish me, so scoot over and get off of me!"
their response? "do you love dad more than you love us?"
ugh. seriously? so i answered them: "yes. i love him most. scoot over." and they did. and they went to sleep. they're weird.

during one of our many car rides, we were listening to praise music. even though my little bitty didnt know the words, he was singing along. next thing i knew, the song was over, but he was still singing, and i was thinking about how wonderful it was to listen to his little voice singing praise songs. then i actually listened to the words he was saying-- "heaaaavvvvenns .... to betttttssssyyyy" over and over. in the sweetest voice ever.

its not just me. everyone adores him. because he is precious. every night he gives us kisses. here is the routine: a kiss on my lips, eskimo kiss, a kiss on each eye, a kiss on my chin, a kiss on my throat and a tight snuggle. some days he likes to tease me and say he might be all out of love, and i might have to come back when he finds more. he always finds some hidden away somewhere and showers it on me.

i cant keep from talking about him, because hes hilarious. check this action out-- we walked in to the store, and little bit says "ooooh mom, its halloween-er in here!" i was laughing, and said "WHAT?!" so he changed it up with "its halloween-ee!" cracking up, and really wanting him to say it again i said "bub, what is he saying?!" exasperated, my baby said "aaaaahhhh!!! theres more halloween stuff." and thats the last he wanted to talk about it. ~but i've told the story a million times now. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment