welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

rainy days and mondays

i woke up in a snit.
i cant tell you why, except that maybe it was because i had planned to get up early and work out, but then i didnt and i was frustrated with myself for being such a slacker.
other than that, i had no reason for a funk. i had both babies in my bed snuggled up, resting very well. soon, little brother asked over and over if i was ready to get up. i wasnt, but i needed to be. so after half an hour or so (if i could have convinced him to keep resting, i would have stayed longer, if you want to know the truth about it) we got up.
we started our day with a few cranky words, much discouragement about having to go to work and school, bye kisses, and well wishes.

it was raining. generally, i like the rain, but today, for whatever reason, the rain brought with it a drizzle of melancholy. i started singing 'rainy days and mondays always get me down' and wished karen carpenter was still making music.

i began planning my rainy day menu for supper (yes. i pretty much think about food all day long). it would include baked chicken and dumplings, because it was raining, after all, and i wanted a bit of comfort food to comfort me in my crankiness. i also figured a pedicure would do me some good. not the paid for kind, the DIY kind, but a pedicure nonetheless.

i guess it didnt exactly go as planned, because after a toasty baked dumpling dish was toasted, the fried okra was fried, the corn casserole was corny and the brownies were browned, i just sat.

cozy with my pedicured feet,


watching the rain, the kids, and willy wonka.

No comments:

Post a Comment