welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

dirty deeds

my darling husband asked me if i had cocaine for lunch. the answer, of course, was no. he asked because i got home from an historic homes tour and started cleaning -- really, really cleaning my house. bub had taken the little man to watch a movie, and when they got home, the kitchen both bathrooms (including the shower. i hate the shower), the vacuuming, and some - not quite all - of the dusting had all been done. i had sworn that i would not even attempt to clean the house until the entry way tile had been cleared out and the floor was finished. i didnt decide this just out of spite. the ridiculous air hammer busts out the concrete and tile in such a way that the entire house is covered with a delightful layer of red dust. gag me.
we started this project of tearing out and re-doing the entry hall about 7 weeks ago. before you gross out, yes, i have cleaned my house in that time period, but not all that thoroughly. i dont know if you are anything like me, but there comes a time in every girls life when shes just had enough. for me, that was yesterday. i was done with the dust. finished with the filth. had it up to here with uncleanliness. so i fixed it. it was lovely.
this morning, bub started up the ol' air compressor and chiseled away on the floor. ((sigh))
also noteworthy is this little tasty morsel: i am starting a lawn care service. since it is now fall, i decided to scalp the lawn. it looks so pretty. i mowed it twice, in a criss-cross pattern, just because i wanted to. seeing as how the yard wont be manicured for another several months, i wanted to make 'er pretty. i was happy with my work, until i saw the edges. there were creepy little fingers of grass runners taking over my drive way. by taking over, i mean that there was at least 4 inches of over-grown grass expanding on to my drive! excuse me, grass, you dont belong.
i dont have an edger. i dont have a weed-eater. i do have scissors. if you drive by and dont think that this is the most beautifully scissor-edged lawn in the neighborhood, just keep it to yourself. i am so proud. you, too, can have a lawn like mine. i will be happy to service your lawn. it will only take me one entire day. thats for the front. my fingers are bruised. good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment