welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jump!

oh van halen, it really is too early for you, but you have inspired me, so i will use you to my advantage. *as a blog title is all, i dont really know eddie, or anyone in the band, so i cant exactly use them much. they have provided the background music playing in my head right now - along with several killer guitar masterpieces.
i digress.
it happens all the time (says the progressive insurance girl).

i have jumped. jumped in. **enter guitars**
it was a big decision for me, so i have jumped with caution and a safety net.
i over heard a conversation about me one day a few years ago, and the person talking said, "...shes the best cook i know." so what it was my mom talking... so what shes my mom, she has to say that??
it encouraged me to want to cook for more people. you know, a batch of cookies here and there, a plate of scones for the office, a meal for a friend who had surgery or a baby (or both! geeze people). so it began.
people liked my cooking! this was a shock to bub who told me more than once "i dont believe i can eat that, i dont even know what its supposed to be" along with other such quotes as "that is NOT the way my mom makes that." (you will be happy to know that he is still breathing and he did eat each of those meals and he did like them. stinker.)
those days are far behind us -a decade behind us, in fact. now he helps me plan menus and deliver baked goods from hither to yon. he even gets his feelings hurt if i dont let him eat some of the stuff i whip up. things they are achangin'
so now im cooking for cash. baking for bread. stirring for scratch. creating for coin.
you get the picture.
i have several friends who helped me decide to jump, particularly tap and crys. i wouldnt be here without them.

so here i am, jumping -- waiting for what comes next

2 comments:

  1. SOUNDS WONDERFUL...AND YUMMY! I know you are a great cook as I have sampled your green beans!

    ReplyDelete