welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

the mediterranean grill

im a sucker for any variation of middle eastern cuisine. we checked this place out last spring and enjoyed it, but forgot all about it. this morning i was brushing my teeth and thinking of gyros and spanikopitas - wishing for bub to suggest this little place for lunch.
i didnt mention my craving, and i soon forgot it altogether. we got busy shopping around town and sort of forgot to eat. it happens a lot. what can i say.
then, bub decided it was time to eat and he drove us right over to the mediterranean grill. i was shocked. astounded. amazed. delighted.

we enjoyed a large bowl of tabouli salad - very cool and refreshing
spanikopitas, delicious crispy and creamy just as they should be
falafel - crispy and oh so perfect
khoresht sabzi - warm soup with deep herbal flavors that make me sing
dill rice - oh my golly. i could eat a gallon of this rice. i will be making it soon. for myself. will not share.

oh, and the kids had corn dogs with some of the best french fries this side of halifax.
all around delicious dining experience.

on a scale of 1-5 i give these folks a solid 5
so next time youre in south okc, stop in - you'll be glad you did.

2 comments:

  1. I like tabouli! Haven't tried or heard of the other dishes. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy people like you and bub can eat different cuisines. I can't but the hubby can!

    ReplyDelete