welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

quitter

i was talking to one of my girlfriends yesterday (and by 'talking', know that i mean emailing. i dont talk to my friends. ever. so if youre my friend and notice that you havent heard my voice lately, you are not alone.)
she was asking how i was and all, blah blah you know, the way friends do. shes one of those friends who can ask how i am and expect the real answer, and she always knows when the answer i give her isnt the real answer. hence the reason i dont talk to her. she knows me too well. she knew (as some of you do) that i had been fairly committed to working out back in the summer. i told her i quit. its what i do. i start something, then i quit. usually i quit doing the things that are good for me -like exercising. (but people get hurt doing that sort of thing, so maybe its not so good)
im not a smoker, so i havent quit smoking.
not an alcoholic (contrary to some rumors, talk, 'prayer requests' and the like) not much of a drinker at all, so im not a quitter in that regard.
i havent quit coming to work (yet)
i havent quit being married (and have no intention of doing so)
i havent quit wearing black on my birthday
i havent quit feeding my cat (for which she is grateful)

but i did quit exercising. my weight loss and healthy living goals were not realized this year. the plan was to 'get there' by my birthday. eh. not so much.

i also havent quit coffee. i will not. i cannot. it keeps me alive.

3 comments:

  1. Lol on the prayer request remark!! And, THANK YOU for not "talking" to your friends!! I'm not the only one! My voicemail says "Hi, this is Laura, text me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the drinking remarks! I like to hear your voice but I will settle for an email/text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the thing. You just made me laugh out loud..hard and I get it. Keep wearing your black (I will still be wearing mine on valentine's day and ryan will STILL probably not like it, but hey we have black scrubs now!) love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete