welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

rainy days and mondays

in spite of a few minor set-backs, we have nearly made it to friday this week. i have little recollection of monday due to some sort of malfunction in my ear that caused me to be ridiculously dizzy (i took several variations of sinus meds which may have influenced my thought processes and memory... whatever.) i know that monday happened for a few reasons: 'friends' were making fun of me on tuesday and i had responses to emails --which i did not remember sending. oy. im an idiot.
monday was also the day i (sort of) locked my keys in the car (thank you cindy for crawling through the car to let me in).
at about 3am- i lost my kid. heres how that went down:
starting around 2am - sissy came to my room and asked if she could snuggle daddy. i said no. he said sure. (grrr)
by and by, little brother came in wanting to sleep in our bed. i said no. he walked away (and my heart broke).
*some important information here: sissy sleeps like a wild monkey. all over the bed. arms, legs across my neck all over the place*
- so i gave up. i decided to let bub and sis have the bed, and i would sleep with the baby boy.
i got to his room -- he wasnt there. i thought maybe he went to sissy's bed. nope. couch? no. bathtub? no sir.
ok- im not just the most rational person at noon, so imagine me at 3am with a missing son. its not pretty. i was running through the house turning lights on throwing blankets back calling his name - you can imagine. i was a little bit afraid that he was mad when i told him to back to his room and decided to join the circus. i was ready to start checking windows and doors.
bub just asked what i was doing - when i said i couldnt find brother, he said ok --- and went back to sleep. hes very helpful.
i didnt want to turn the lights in my bedroom on, so i was working with very little illumination, but i saw the corner of my baby boy's blanket sticking out from under my bed. i lifted up the bed skirt and saw that precious angel. remember, i had told him he couldnt sleep IN my bed, but i never said he couldnt sleep UNDER my bed. i drug him out and he got very upset about the fact that he was going to his room, but i stayed with him the rest of the night/morning. i held that child very close to me.
i was glad to see day light and glad to know that monday was well behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment