welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Doxology

praise God from whom all blessings flow
praise Him all creatures here below
praise Him above ye heavenly host
praise Father Son and Holy Ghost
Amen

today is the beginning of the Lenten season. though my denominational affiliates do not collectively observe Lent, i do every year. it is an intense and challenging season in which those who participate strive for prayer, self denial, repentance and spiritual growth in preparation for the observance of Holy Week marking the death, burial and resurrection of the Christ; Jesus.

i will tell you, though i am ashamed to, that this season is the most special time for me, personally. it truly is the only time through the year that i focus on self denial and repentance. by the time Holy Week gets here, i am (generally) more sensitive to the Word of the Lord, more patient, more loving -- more of the things i should be all year long.

i would love to tell you that i am always consistent with my Lenten commitments, but i am not. i would love to tell you that my devotion to my Savior is unwavering, but its not. i am constantly reminded of my weaknesses. and subsequently reminded that "His strength is made perfect in weakness." --and for that, i am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment