welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

its still rock and roll to me

my heart belongs to rock and roll. i sing it all day and in most conversations.
well, rock and roll and broadway music, but my kids get a little cranky about andrew lloyd weber, so i stick to aerosmith, led zeppelin and their friends to provide most of the background music these days.

this morning i was singing "whats the matter with the clothes i'm wearing..." (and you will soon know why) so billy joel is my companion for now.

i got dressed in a brown giraffe-print skirt with a green sweater set and a brown belt. i slipped my shoes on and my darling daughter said "uh, that would look better if you wore brown shoes mom" -- (this should be read with as much 6 year-old fashionista attitude you can muster.)
"i AM wearing brown shoes" i informed her, to which she responded "let me get a closer look" she dropped herself down on the ground and put her face 3 inches from my BROWN pumps and conceded. "ok. youre right. i see now that they are brown. thats ok."

as we were leaving the house i noticed something odd. so i mentioned it "baby," i asked her sweetly, with much loving kindness, "do your socks match?" with a little smirk she said "nope." when i asked why, i got this for an answer: "cant i just be silly?" and so she went to school in black mary janes with one white sock and one pink sock. --and i wore brown shoes.

1 comment: