welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

are you ready for some football

this is very likely the first, last and only post about football you will ever see on my blog.
and i guess its not exactly about football anyway. more about food. and nostalgia. and fashion.

college football started this weekend. our days were planned around it (and im sure they will continue to be for the rest of the season). there were whoops and hollers (not hollers like in kentucky or west virgina. hollers of cheering or jeering).
there were texts and phone calls.
there was red and there was black. (wreck 'em)
there was cheese dip and there were chips.
i cannot survive through the fall and winter months of football and basketball without my mom's nachos. however, because my mom was out of town enjoying a cozy drive through a tropical storm with my brother who was trying to kill her, i had to fix my own stinking nachos. brothers. ugh.
this delightful game-day dish is one of my favorite things on earth. my mom has fixed these for at least 100 of our closest friends and relatives. theyre complicated, so get ready:

1 whole block of velveeta
1 can rotel
1 lb sausage
chips
--brown the sausage, rinse, drain. add rotel. add velveeta. melt. serve over corn chips and top with anything you want. we use sour cream, diced tomatoes, black olives and jalapenos. and we are very happy no matter who wins the game. (well. i am anyway.)

now we have covered the food and the nostalgia, heres the fashion comment: oregons black uniforms freak me out.
the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment