welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

crazy train

i have a few thoughts to share today and there is no possibility that i can successfully segue one to the next. just hang on and enjoy the ride.


1. Etiquette. you know, when you go bowling, how it bothers you to have strangers in the lane right next to you? i have never seen a bowling alley that had every lane in use at the same time, so as often as it is possible, there should be at least one 'buffer lane' between each group. its just the way things should be done.
the same is true about public restrooms. well it is. (yes, it may be ironic that this particular item is titled 'etiquette' and i am writing about bathroom stalls. its ok. you can skip this one if you want). say, for example, there are four stalls:
I1I I2I I3I I4I
if you are the only person who is 'otherwise occupied' you should choose any of these stalls except the second. why? because if you choose the second stall, the next person who has to 'see a man about a horse' is required by the above stated etiquette to use the fourth -- and almost always handicapped accessible-- stall in order to maintain the buffer rule. and that "person" may have short legs which do not reach the floor. just be considerate, folks.

2. Lyrical language. yesterday, my ever-adoring husband sent the following text: "i only wanna be with you" to which i cleverly replied: "aint bobby so cool" --- which totally confused him.
you might find it helpful to know that i am always listening to background music and you cant hear it. only i can hear it. additionally, i often think in lyrics and have been known, from time to time to pray in lyrics. (which is perfectly acceptable, if you were wondering. ask King David)
i may skillfully spout off some seemingly nonsensical verse that catches you totally off guard. do not be alarmed. just see if you can figure out what song it goes to. its a fun little game i like to play - its most fun when you (as the opposing team) dont know we're playing. i win.

3. Biblical Names. this is a recap of the conversations at my house last night. they do appear in order of occurance.
(as i'm telling my son good night)
"momma, daddy is teaching me about idiot. is he a good guy or a bad guy in the Bible?"
i was very confused, but i figured i would be on the safe side, so i said "hes a good guy. a strong man of God."
this satisfied my darling son (who, in a surprising turn of events, drifted right off to sleep)
upon entering the living room, my husband told me, "i decided to read separate stories from the Bible to the kids. i am teaching Grace about Esther and teaching Avery about Gideon."
OOOHHH. Gideon. not Idiot. at least my answer was right.

4. Type-o's
when i type "yahoo mail" it often comes out "yahoo amil" because i have this East Indian friend named Amil and he really needs encouragement...

1 comment: