welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Monday, July 26, 2010

this day

This day. It started off with some time with Bub’s grandmomma, which was perfectly sweet, and included some beautiful artwork by sissy. She may not have known who we were, but she was just as hospitable and caring as she ever was. She didn’t want us to go, and we didn’t want to go, to be honest about it, but the kids had other plans. There are times (like these) when it might just save lives to get the kids buckled in their respective seats in the car and head on down the road. In silence. So after the hugs and tears and “I love you with my whole heart’s” we set off down the road.

Next stop, Sea World. It was a lovely day of sun and water and whales and sharks and cranky, tired kids. Now I’m sun burned and lounging in a fancy leather chair, and starting to be not so cranky myself. Theres more.

After Sea World, was the Alamo and the River Walk. ~Where I got sick. Didn’t eat a single bite of my “enchiladas de la casa” and went back to the car to find a place to stay for the night. As you may recall, our hotel/motel finding skills need some work, so I was unsure about the task that lay before us.

Fredericksburg it was. The town of choice. Maybe even my choice… for the rest of my life. Can I just say that I love it here? I want to stay forever. You will see why. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment