welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

the things that shape me

...and today im not talking about spanx. though they are excellent in the way of shaping.
i am, however talking about me. (i talk almost exclusively about me, so theres not much of a change there) the things that shape, have shaped, will shape me. i have very few childhood memories - like less than 20 on a good day, and a handful at the present moment. even without those memories, i will allow my parents and childhood friends to remain in the ranks of shapers.
i want to be more like my grandma Pat in pretty much every way, and i hope, i hope, i hope that i learned all the things i was supposed to learn from her. which brings me to cancer. i hate it. I. HATE. IT. cancer took my grandpa, and my grandma, and was beat by my daddy. take that cancer.
music is a powerful force in my life and you can expect to hear the soundtrack of my life anywhere i go. (if theres nothing playing, i just might be singing). i will go ahead and say that i like all types of music, though the sound of a fiddle just might make my ears bleed. i am a rock and roll girl at heart and (though i hate to admit it sometimes) im a willie nelson fan by marriage, and have seen him in concert more times than i care to tell you about.
michael jackson can make me smile on even the darkest of days but i will never be able to dance like him. i wish that my story could be told by billy joel, who, in my opinion, is one of the greatest story tellers of all time. i love broadway musicals, and had some super-star dreams where broadway is concerned. (refer to the aversion to travel and you will not be surprised that that little gig fizzled before it blasted off)
in other terms of shaping we have my kids. the two of them showed up within 13 months of one another just over 5 years ago and have changed the shape of my life, my hips, my belly... must i go on... forever. they truly are the reason i hoist myself out of bed each day and the reason i havent completely lost my mind (contrary to popular opinion)

No comments:

Post a Comment