welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

live out loud

frequently, i hear phrases that stick with me. they confuse, shock, entertain and irritate me. because i am a generous, self-less, giving, kind (insert other desirable attribute here) person, i will share a few with you.

my son says (at 6:30 in the morning) "mom how do they make footballs?"

bub says "you know those trucks that people sell food out of? i think that would be a good gig for you."

that boy again "mom i think you need some of that pro-active solution for your face"
sissy says "no you dont. wait, let me see your face... oh, well, maybe right over here, but the rest is pretty."

my mother, on the day i choose not to wear 4 inch heels "hey, youre short..."
yes. mother. i am.

daddy says "when i build a kitchen for you (referring to a commercial kitchen), what would you like?" i answer, "daddy, you let me design that kitchen and we will all be happy" --- he said ok. (i will keep you posted on that)

sissy: "you are the best mom in the whole world. i never want to be without you." (after our crazy morning yesterday, she still felt this way.)

me: "sissy!! where are you? what are you DOING?" her: "im washing the dishes. youre tired."

baby boy: "i hate my freckles. theyre brown. i hate brown. i dont want it on my face."

sissy, after doing something nice for her auntie "mom, aunt casey says that if i play my cards right, she will do something fun with me. mom, we dont even PLAY cards. what is she talking about?"

ok- this is a long one. it could get confusing, but it will be the last, so bear with me...
i will set it up for you.
i had just recently started my job. i work with my mom. she cant always hear me when i speak.

me: "i wish i didnt like coke so much. sometimes it makes my heart race"
her: "WHAT did you say?"
me: "i wish i didnt like coke so much. sometimes it makes my heart race"
her: "oh! i thought you said you wish you didnt like CURT so much, sometimes he makes your heart race!"

oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment