welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

sit down youre rockin the boat

often, as i clean, i lament the fact that i am cleaning. sometimes it helps to sing.
one thing you may not know about me is that i am a freelance composer/arranger. now that you know this, please enjoy the following adaptation from 'guys and dolls' -

i dreamed last night i was working in my kitchen, and by some chance my kids were there with me
and there i stood - looking half-way dead and haggard, i heard something that i couldnt quite believe:
my kids both said "sit down. sit down, we'll take care of this---" my kids both said "sit down, sit down we'll take care of this!"
"these chores, they will drag you under - but we will run a tight ship, sit down! sit down! sit down! sit down! sit down, we'll take care of this."

sitting now, with my kids there in my kitchen and there he came, that ol man im married to-
he walked right in taking charge of the situation with words i'll never hear again:
my husband said "relax. relax i'll do every bit---" my husband said "relax. relax i'll do every bit"
"i'll sweep and dust and wash and fold -relax i'll do every bit."

and as i sat, relaxing with my coffee, a great big scream woke me from this dream of mine.
two raggamuffin kids were screaming at each other and my fantasy was left far behind
i heard myself say "stop-stop that and leave her alone!" i heard myself say "stop - stop that and leave her alone"
"you scream and yell and mess and gripe - stop that leave each other alone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment