welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

do you remember the time

i would like to take time to pause and remember michael jackson. if you dont already know, michael was amazing. ok, he was weird-ish, but holy smokes the man could write, sing and dance. i have been thinking about him because i was at zorbas yesterday for lunch, and they played nothing but michael music the entire time i was there. do you know that it is impossible to listen to michael's music and be sad? its true. ive done studies. anyway, there you go. i love you, michael.

it is around this time each month when i get very teary, hungry, nostalgic and my face starts to resemble what my (very encouraging) brother referred to as "the zit farm" when i was an adolescent. i have no idea how i survived my adolescence. there are pictures hidden away from the world that would help you to understand my plight if you were to ever see them, but i sort of refuse to share them.
i went to the eye doctor for the first time when i was 7 and found out that i was legally blind. so i got glasses. as i got older, the glasses got bigger and thicker and i got blinder. (blinder? eh.) after my first eye doctor visit, my eyes stayed dilated for what seemed like weeks. it was at least longer than normal, because i got a boyfriend out of the gig. i dont remember his name or anything about him, i just remember that he told me he was only my boyfriend because he felt sorry for me and the way my eyes looked. maybe thats why i forgot him.
this could explain why - even though my vision is not as good as it should be - i have not gone to the optometrist in over 10 years. 11 years ago i had my vision corrected by a red laser that made a crazy clicking noise. it was the greatest thing ever-- but now my vision getting worse.
i dont know where all of this information comes from, or why i thought i should share it with you, but now you know. now im going to get some coffee because its the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment