welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

never stop

never stop learning. they say thats the way to go. i have learned a whole stinking lot in the past 6 years (if youre paying attention, you know those are my mommy years). i will share my wisdom in 20 little lines.

1) i have learned that (at least for me) labor and delivery were not the nightmare i expected.
2) breastfeeding is not an effective form of birth control (note the ages of my children - 13 months apart)
3) i have learned what a baby looks like when he/she is hungry, sleepy and poopy.
4) my hip is a cozy place for a child to rest, sit, cry
5) im a terrible cook when im pregnant
6) i have a few very faithful 'cant - live - without - you' friends and they have saved my sanity
7) death is a terrible terrible thing that leaves an awful void
8) im not fun
9) i hate being away from my kids
10) i hate when my kids want bub instead of me (this has been happening more regularly.)
11) kids can be used as an excuse to get out of any undesirable situation
12) my son doesnt care much for hockey
13) having an estate plan in place is really really important
14) i never feel worse about myself than when i fail my kids
15) i've learned that my daughter's faith is often greater than mine
18) messes can be cleaned up - they dont have to just make me mad
19) sleep cycles are ever-changing
20) coffee fixes pretty much everything (my favorite right now is southern comfort flavored coffee. no, it does not contain alcohol. it does taste like a dreamsicle mixed in to coffee when you add cream and sugar, though, and that makes me very happy)

stay warm, friends. i forgot to turn the heater on (what? it was 70 degrees yesterday! i wasnt really prepared for 34...)
im going to make fondant now. we'll see if #21 is 'i learned how to make fondant'. wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I disagree with #8...you are FUN! But thanks for the top 20 things you have learned as a momma!

    ReplyDelete