welcome

welcome to my life. i will sing to you. i will cry to you. i will write to you.

Monday, February 21, 2011

whats new pussycat?

i've had lots of time on my hands these past few days. sleeplessness results in creative thought, or something. maybe its delirium. either way, i've been thinking about my cat. she is delightful and i cant remember ever being mad at her.
as a kid, i always had dogs; fat dogs, skinny dogs, dogs that climbed on rocks (and they all loved hot dogs.) being a cat parent was completely foreign to me. that is, until my darling brother-in-law brought me a cat for Christmas. i dont know why he did it, but he did. her name was kali, short for kalikimaka. she was all white and she loved to take showers. a darling little kitty who loved us as much as we loved her. it was a sad day when she died from feline leukemia. several years passed before we decided to adopt another kitty, and when we did it was for our baby girl, who wanted absolutely nothing for Christmas if she didnt get a cat.
we found jingle. she is perfect. she has survived two toddlers with great poise and patience, she also made friends with the biggest labrador retriever i have ever seen.
my jingle kitty has several attractive attributes that i was reminded of last night in my restlessness as she comforted me. i decided to list a few for you.

1) she is loving; every time we come in the door, she runs to find us and lays down on her back waiting for someone to rub her tummy
2) she is caring; if one of us is upset, she will snuggle up and purr in an effort to comfort us.
3) she is responsible; she spends her nights sleeping with sissy, where ever sissy may be sleeping.
4) she is gentle; when one of the kids plays a little too rough, she patiently waits for her captors to release her instead of clawing her way out.
5) she is reliable; when her food or water is running low, she kindly mews and nuzzles to get our attention, then leads us to her food and water bowls to show us the state of need.

i love her.

1 comment:

  1. OK you make me want a cat!! I LOVE cats and they love me but alas we can not have them...I know it is sad. Thanks for reminding me that I need a cat and I hope we can have one very soon.

    ReplyDelete